We are hiring a Life Science Cluster Scoping Project Manager to join our team in Waterford on a one-year contract.
As the Life Science Cluster Scoping Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the objectives of the cluster scoping project. You will ensure that the key deliverables in terms of report generation, relationship formation and engagement with industry, government and HEI are met.
General duties of role
- Carry out desktop research exercise and develop the baseline data base in relation to the life science community in the South East.
- Engage with senior members of targeted companies, support agencies and educational facilities to gain an understanding of the appetite to develop a life science cluster in the South East.
- Identify the challenges, opportunities and strengths of the region, it’s in terms of its current and desired life science ecosystem.
- Develop a draft short, medium- and long-term strategy for the proposed cluster that can be further enhanced by a future cluster manager.
- Attend cluster networking and other relevant events nationally and internationally with the goal of identifying key learnings for the region and the development of a future cluster.
- Investigate and commence the process of partnering with another life Science Cluster nationally or internationally.
- Produce a final report outlining the current ecosystem, suitable for presentation to funders, the Kinetic Board and a future Cluster Manager.
- At all times represent Kinetic Labs in a professional manner and actively promote Kinetic labs as a viable R&D space alternative to all life Science companies established or wishing to establish in the South East of Ireland.
- Enhance the Kinetic Labs ecosystem by deepening the integration with other science innovation and development programmes at regional and national level.
- Commence work on the development of branding, marketing and publicity of a future Life science cluster with the Ireland South East development office.
- Assist in the updating of appropriate cluster related content on the Kinetic Labs and Ireland South East website.
- Engage with the wider South East Life Science community in relation to cluster initiatives through appropriate media with Ireland South East and Kinetic Labs.
- Manage and support a number of marketing initiatives for the promotion of the life science cluster in the region.
Administration and reporting
- Report progress on the project goals to the Board of Directors on a regular basis as requested.
- Prepare progress reports for funding bodies as required.
- Administer the Project budget and complete financial reports for funding bodies and the Board of Directors as required.
- Manage expenditure for the project in line with the company goals and the appropriate procurement procedures.
- Manage the preparation, administration and submission of all grant claims in respect of the project with the relevant bodies.
- Work with the General Manager of Kinetic Labs to ensure that Kinetic labs continues to develop its position as the central Life science Hub for any future cluster.
- Ability to travel National and International as necessary to effectively perform the role.
- Access to a car and Full driving licence.
- Such other duties, temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with the position.
- Relevant knowledge / experience in relation to desk top research, cluster formation, the Life Science industry and the associated governmental and HEI ecosystem.
Interested in applying?
To submit your application for the position of Life Science Cluster scoping project manager Waterford, please apply to Info@kineticlabs.ie before 12 midday on the 22nd August 2022.